Recently some leaked photos hit the internet revealing some unconfirmed images from a possible “Marvel vs. Capcom 4” and now the game has been confirmed. However, it won’t be called “Marvel vs. Capcom 4” it will be called “Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite.”
The game was officially announced during the Playstation Experience event on Saturday, and it will feature 2v2 gameplay, and the Infinity Stones will play a role in the game. The game is set to be released on PS4, Xbox One and PC in late 2017. A full trailer will premiere on ESPN on Sunday, December 4 during the Capcom Cup 2016.
“For the last two decades, Marvel Vs. Capcom has been one of the most celebrated franchises among fans,” said Marvel Entertainment’s executive producer Mike Jones in a statement. “To deliver on that legacy, we’ve worked closely with Capcom to create a game that honors the heritage of the series and combines Marvel’s unique brand of storytelling with Capcom’s world-class gameplay. We’re raising the bar with Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite and are excited for players to get their hands on it next year.”
You can check out the features, along with the first teaser trailer below.
- Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favorite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and action-packed 2v2 partner battles.
- Infinite Power: Pulled from classic Marvel lore, unique and game-changing Infinity Stones can be implemented into players’ strategies as a way to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone provides a unique advantage to the player and represents a different aspect of the universe: power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind.
- Iconic Heroes: Choose from a diverse roster of fan favorite characters pulled from Marvel and Capcom universes, including Iron Man and Captain America from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.
- Cinematic Story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.
- Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission and Arcade modes.
- Vast Multiplayer Features: Robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.
- Graphics: Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the cinematic visuals and next-gen realism into a new era.